Thursday, March 31, 2011

SNAKE!

I don't know what it is about our front porch, but for some reason it attracts a lot of wildlife.  I'm pretty sure I could spend the day in the forrest and not see as many creatures as I do on a daily basis on my front porch.  We always have at least one lizard with its tail hanging out from under the shutters.  Toads and tree frogs are frequent visitors as well, not to mention the plethora of insects including praying mantis, and a wide variety or spiders.  As a result, the neighborhood cats treat our porch like a prized hunting ground.  

This guy showed up on our porch recently......



I am not a fan of snakes.  This isn't the first snake to venture onto our porch, be he is definitely the most colorful.  After a quick google search, we realized that he is harmless and will eat our annoying bugs, so I allowed him to stay.  However, I am extremely paranoid every time I step out of my front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment