Friday, April 1, 2011

Harry Potter's Chocolate Frogs

If you haven't been to The Wizarding World of  Harry Potter at Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL, you really need to go!  Being a huge Harry Potter nerd, I was so excited when they announced this project several years ago.  I followed the progress from start to finish.  Last September, I finally got to visit it!  I went with my husband, sister, brother-in-law and one of my best friends, Liz.  The weather was pretty terrible.  It was rainy, and humid and yucky most of the day, but that didn't matter because as soon as we saw Hogwarts Castle towering in the distance, Liz and I began to squeal like little girls at a Justin Bieber concert.  

The creators of The Wizarding World of  Harry Potter truly brought to life so many wonderful details of the Harry Potter stories.  One in particular, was Honeydukes candy store, which was filled with so many of the delicious treats that Harry and his friends enjoyed in the stories.  My good friend, Ginni Galuk recently took a trip to Universal with her family.  Even though she is a grandmother, she too is a lover of all things Harry Potter.  She brought back to me a gift of a Chocolate Frog......


If you have read the books or seen the movies, you know that every Chocolate Frog includes a card featuring a famous witch or wizard, much like a muggle baseball card.




My Chocolate Frog contained a card for Godric Gryffindor.  On the back of the card is a little bio of the famous Wizard who was one of the founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 






These Chocolate Frogs are HUGE!  It is about the size of the palm of my hand, and I have big hands!




Isn't he cute?  You almost don't want to eat him, but I have a chocolate problem, so trust me, he will be eaten.



  

1 comment:

  1. Wow... that's really cool :D... as huge HP fan myself, I'm REALLY disappointed that I haven't been yet but I'm really glad they've gone all out with this and it hasn't just turned into an advertisement stunt.
    I was going to go on Holiday to LA this year and was planning to visit WWOHP, but my plans changed :(... oh well... there's always next year :D

    ReplyDelete